Wednesday, February 9, 2011

First Post of New Blog

Hi,

This is a new blog I am starting up to detail some of my travails of attempting to make a go of it in the world of stand-up comedy. Here you will find stories, musings, comedy, videos, and maybe if you look deep enough inside...hope. Because as I once told a friend, "If you can't find hope inside a blog titled Murder on the Oregon Trail, then where can you find it..." (that joke will mean something to only one person who may not read the blog in the first place, how's that for fan-service.)

I will be importing some of the stories from my old blog to here as I see fit. So some of you may see stories multiple times.

For those who don't know me a brief introduction. I began doing comedy 12 years ago for about a year and a half and got greatly discouraged. Recently, about 6 months ago, I started taking improv classes at ImprovBoston and became re-enamored with comedy. I started working at ImprovBoston in the role of tech director in September and took my first Stand-Up Class soon after. Hit my first Open Mic in 11 years and promptly bombed the room, with the noted exception of one extremely drunk man sitting at the front table who apparently loved everything I did and applauded throughout all of my punchlines. Not discouraged by this, I continued on...and you dear readers will hear more as I go along this journey.

Thanks for checking this out.

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment